Grace Baptist Church
Grace Baptist Church was organized on the 4th Sunday in August of 1924. At that time there were 32 charter members. They met at Piney Forest (Sharp's School house) until the Church was built.
Our Church was named after Miss Grace Knight. Mr. T.H. (Tom) Priddy gave the land for the church to be built. The first to Pastor the church was Rev. J. Fletcher Manuel. He was paid $75.00. The first revival was held in October 1924, in the school house. The new members joined at this time, Mrs. Pearl Woods, Mrs. Raul Woods, and Miss Pearl Knight. The Pastor Rev. Manuel held these services. Sunday School was organized in March of 1925. There were 34 present at the first class with an offering of $1.82.
Grace Baptist was completed and the dedication service for the new building was held on the 5th Sunday in May of 1925. The first sermon preached at Grace was titled "The darkness is past and a new light shineth".
1 John 2:8.
The Church initially was part of the Pilot Mountain association, but moved to the Dan valley Association in 1947.
God has called 17 Pastors to Grace Baptist with our current being Rev. Edward McClure. Rev. McClure was called to Grace on March 8th, 2015.